The beauty of this One Pot Beef and Vegetable Dinner recipe is its simplicity. All you need is ground beef, veggies of your choice (we suggest capsicums, onions, and carrots), and rice. Beef is a lean protein and perfect for muscle recovery after a long run or intense workout. When combined with delicious and colorful vegetables, you’ve got yourself a nutrient-packed meal that will help keep you healthy and fueled for your next training session.
So next time you’re feeling tired of your usual post-workout meal, give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you, and your muscles will thank you even more. Happy cooking and happy training!
One Pot Beef and Vegetable Dinner
- 500 grams lean ground beef
- 2 capsicums, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook brown rice according to package directions using 2 cups of water.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until browned, stirring occasionally and breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add chopped capsicums, onion, and carrots to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Once the rice is cooked, add it to the skillet with the beef and vegetables. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe makes 4-6 servings, perfect for meal prepping for the week or feeding a family. Feel free to switch up the vegetable selection and adjust the seasoning to suit your taste buds.