One-pot meals are always great for an easy and efficient solution for mealtimes, but rarely do we find a one-pot meal that’s perfect for vegetarians. With one-pot meals featuring just vegetables, we do need to tweak the typical low-and-slow method in order to avoid being left with overcooked mush. We bring you a delicious and healthy baked vegetable dish that’s perfect to accompany summer lunches or a one-pot meal for one that’s much lighter because it leans on a variety of vegetables for nourishment.
The colorful combination of bell peppers, zucchini, squash, onions, and cherry tomatoes makes this dish visually appealing, while the garlic and Italian seasoning add a ton of flavor. Serve it as a side dish alongside grilled meats or enjoy it as a standalone vegetarian meal. Either way, it’s sure to be a people-pleaser!
Healthy Baked Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh basil, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 204°c.
- In a large baking dish, combine the diced bell peppers, sliced zucchini, and yellow squash, chopped red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with dried Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Bake the vegetables in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
- Once the vegetables are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Serve the vegetables hot or at room temperature, garnished with fresh chopped basil if desired.