This nice wholesome soup can be enjoyed piping hot in cooler months or chilled during the summer! Light, refreshing, and filled with a medley of nutritious summer vegetables. Super easy to make and very satiating. If you are looking to maintain that HOT summer body, add this soup to your diet.
This flavorful and refreshing summer vegetable soup is perfect for using up all of those seasonal veggies and enjoying a light yet satisfying meal. The addition of the avocado topping gives it a fun twist and adds a creamy, tangy flavor that complements the soup perfectly. Give this recipe a try and enjoy all the flavors of summer in one tasty bowl!
Classic Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, and bell peppers and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the corn, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, paprika, and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Let the soup simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the avocado topping. In a small bowl, combine the diced avocado, lime juice, and salt.
- Once the soup is finished, ladle it into bowls and top each serving with the avocado mixture and fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!