These cookies are easy to make, and who doesn’t love biting into a warm, gooey cookie loaded with chunks of rich chocolate? These cookies, with their classic combination of buttery dough and chunks of rich dark chocolate, offer several advantages. Indulging in these treats can provide a mood-lifting experience, thanks to the release of endorphins from dark chocolate.
The benefits of these Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies extend beyond their irresistible taste. Dark chocolate is a known source of important minerals, particularly, iron, magnesium, and zinc, as well as, rich in antioxidants called flavonoids. So, treat yourself to the delightful experience of our Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies and savor the simple pleasures and benefits they bring.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped dark chocolate (be sure to use a high-quality dark chocolate that’s more than 60% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together until creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving at least 2 Inches (5cm) between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the centre is set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.