Glow Green To Younger Looking Skin
An anti-aging spirulina face mask that moisturizes, tightens and lifts skin.
This vitamin-rich do-it-yourself (DIY) Green Glow Face Mask with spirulina, honey and matcha green tea powder takes a mere two minutes to make and will leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished like a baby’s behind. You probably recognize Spirulina from all the juice and smoothie recipes you may have browsed through. Did you know you could use Spirulina to make an effective anti-aging face mask that will leave your skin glowing?
THE GREEN GLOW FACE MASK
This mask is a highly effective mixture of spirulina, honey and matcha green tea powder. Please do a patch test before applying this mask to your entire face.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey (raw preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Matcha Tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Spirulina
- A brush to apply
Combine the three ingredients together to make a thick, dark green paste that is the consistency of peanut butter. You do not want it runny at all. And you don’t want it too thick that you end up pulling your skin when you apply it.
Wash your face with your usual cleanser, pat dry and apply the mask all over your face, avoiding the delicate eye area. If you use a brush to apply the paste it is easier.
Keep the mask on for 15 minutes. This mask does not dry like other masks and retains its liquid, wet look throughout the application.
Do keep in mind to wear an old, dark t-shirt to prevent staining your favourite top whilst doing this. It’s a pretty green mask! After 15 minutes gently wash with warm water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel. This mask is a bit grainy so If you have sensitive skin be careful not to rub too aggressively when taking off the mask as you can risk breaking your skin. Put on a toner and you can add some face oil or serum of your choice to lock in the moisture. The Green Glow face mask is safe to repeat two to three times a week.
If you have enjoyed this face mask, do give our Pineapple Enzyme Mask a try as well. If you love DIY Beauty then tune into The Gaggler’s DIY Beauty Show on Instagram Live every Wednesdays at 8:30 pm (UAE time).
WATCH THE VIDEO: DIY GREEN GLOW MASK
Here we have rounded up Dubai-based stores from where you can source the ingredients for this mask.
THE GREEN GLOW FACE MASK – BENEFITS DECONSTRUCTED
- A naturally occurring blue-green algae
- A super food that is 60% protein and rich in nutrients, fatty and amino acid
- Contains vitamins A, B, C and D. This nifty ingredient also helps with easing allergies.
- Decreases inflammation
- Detoxifies and encourages skin cell turnover to promote younger-looking skin
- Leaves a ‘lit from within’ glow
- Mother Nature’s humectant and full of micronutrients
- Moisturises skin
- Contains a high level of gluconic acid that brightens and smoothens skin tone
- Substituting crystallized honey in this recipe will give the added benefit of light exfoliation
- Made from the whole tea leaf using a stone grinding process to turn it into a powder
- A powerhouse of Vitamin A, C, K and B-complex
- Reduces inflammation and absorbs oil to even your skin tone
- Antioxidant-rich and known for reducing acne and promoting skin elasticity