In today’s world, where glamour is the buzzword, we all want glowing, radiant skin that looks youthful and fresh. But with pollution, stress, and climate change at play, achieving healthy skin seems like an uphill battle. However, this can be overcome with a good wellness routine, a healthy diet, and natural ingredient-rich products. Our curated recommendations are based on a range of products that have been tried and tested for a more “happy you”. While sloughing off dead skin cells, unclogging pores, brightening complexion, and fighting acne are the ‘standard issue’ for healthy skin goals, we believe focusing on a happier ‘inner you’ is the secret sauce for an inner glow that is nothing short of a halo effect!
Exfoliation is an integral part of skincare that often gets overlooked. In this article, we want to provide our community with options that will elevate your skincare routine into a self-care routine – now that’s a glow-worthy goal! Let’s take a minute to acknowledge the significance of exfoliation in our daily skincare regime.
The Path to Great Skin
Exfoliation is the key to unlocking younger-looking skin, but how does one know which type of exfoliation is best for each skin type? Soap bars, toners, or scrubs? With a multitude of options in the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed but all the important to understand the inner workings of each one.
The first step towards nailing exfoliation is to determine the right frequency. For oily skin types, it’s recommended to exfoliate two to three times a week, no more or less. However, if you have sensitive or dry skin, then it’s important to avoid overdoing the scrub action and keep it to once a week. Before starting any exfoliation routine, it’s important to know that overzealous exfoliation action can cause skin irritation, inflammation, and worse, breakouts.
Next, it’s important to consider the actual ‘how’ of exfoliation. Layer an exfoliating scrub onto your skin in circular motions and watch your skin transform. Try a Middle Eastern inspired homemade blend enriched with sugar, lemon, mint, and clove oil. The results? A smooth and radiant-looking skin that can give any Arabian Sheikha a run for her money, and all in the comfort of her own palace!
When looking for the best exfoliation products, keep an eye out for ingredients that work best for your skin type. Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and enzymes are some of the most effective exfoliating ingredients in skincare that can easily be incorporated into any skincare routine.
For those keen on exploring more natural options, ingredients such as Argan Oil and Sweet Almond Oil also work similarly to chemical exfoliants, without the added concern of using harsh chemicals or synthetic-derived products. So, while doing your research take note of high quality, organic and moisturising ingredients that exfoliate naturally and that your skin will ultimately thank you for.
– article continues below –
Glow Getter Toolkit
Sweet Almond Oil
The Energy Cookie
Green Tea Raspberry Flavour
Green Tea Mango Flavour
Are you ready to unlock your skin’s full potential and reveal your inner radiance? Look no further than the Glow Getter Toolkit. We’ve put together some of our favourite skincare products that boast natural ingredients and have what it takes to give your skin the TLC it’s lusting for.
Ready, Set, Oil
Take Argan Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil, for instance. These oils, packed with nourishing antioxidants and vitamins, work to hydrate, soothe, and help decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving you with a beautifully radiant complexion. Argan oil, extracted from the kernels of the Morrocan Argan Tree, rich in Vitamin E, squalene, and essential fatty acids makes for a powerful moisturiser ideal for dry or aging skin. Sweet Almon Oil, increases cell turnover, protects cells from UV ray damage, and also promotes hair growth and health (bonus benefit!) due it its high levels of Vitamins A, E and D.
Good Tea, Good Skin
What you sip on can also have an impact on how bright your inner glow shines on your face. Organic teas packed with nutrients can play a significant role in promoting healthy skin from the inside out. You are probably contemplating how teas could be a source of good skin health. Here’s why:
1. Purity: Organic teas are cultivated without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs). This ensures that the teas are free from harmful chemicals and toxins that otherwise negatively impact your skin’s health.
2. Antioxidant Power: Organic teas, especially green tea, white tea, and rooibos tea, are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your skin cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals present in the environment. This protection can help slow down the aging process and maintain a youthful and radiant glow.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Many organic teas possess anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe and calm irritated or inflamed skin. By reducing inflammation, organic teas can contribute to a more even skin tone and a healthier complexion.
4. Hydration: Good hydration is vital for healthy skin. Organic teas, when consumed without added sugars or artificial sweeteners, can provide hydration to your body, helping to moisturize your skin from the inside out with no added calories. Well-hydrated skin tends to appear plumper, smoother, and more radiant.
5. Detoxification: Certain organic teas, such as dandelion root tea or milk thistle tea, can support the body’s natural detoxification process. By aiding in the elimination of toxins from the body, these teas can help improve the clarity and appearance of your skin.
6. Stress Reduction: Some organic tea drinks, like our collection of X50 Green Tea Mango Flavour and X50 Green Tea Raspberry Flavour, have calming properties that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation. Chronic stress can contribute to various skin issues, including dryness, acne breakouts, and dullness. By managing stress levels, these teas indirectly support a healthier complexion.
7. Ritual and Self-Care: Preparing and enjoying a cup of organic tea can be a mindful ritual and a form of self-care. Engaging in self-care practices and taking time for yourself can help reduce stress and improve overall well-being, which, in turn, can be reflected in a healthy and glowing complexion.
Incorporating not-so-obvious skincare must-haves such as essential oils and organic teas into your routine can give your skin the much-needed boost of rejuvenation, reducing the appearance of fine lines, evening out skin tone, and much more. We think it’s time to revive and reveal the skin underneath!
The Gaggler team is passionate about finding and sharing great products with our readers. We take pride in researching and testing products to find the best of the best, and we only recommend things that we love and think you will, too.