Always on the hunt for beauty treasures whether it be tips, tricks, hacks or in this case, DIY beauty recipe, we just love a good, simple yet effective at-home DIY face mask to break up the day during quarantine. Plus, the lasting glow you will see after you are done with our DIY Pineapple face mask is an added bonus well worth the effort!
Keep scrolling to see editor-at-large Kimberley Denise show you how to create a simple pineapple-based face mask in a quick how-to video. She also explains the amazing rejuvenating benefits this tropical delight of a fruit can have on your face.
THE PINEAPPLE ENZYME FACE MASK
This mask is a highly effective mixture of pineapple, honey and almond flour. Please do a patch test before applying this mask to your entire face.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
Mix all the ingredients until you have a smooth paste that is not too thick and not too runny. If you find your batter is too thick, add a little more pineapple juice. If the batter is too runny, you can always add a little more almond flour to bulk it up into a paste.
Wash your face with your usual cleanser, pat dry and apply the mask all over your face, avoiding the delicate eye area. Wait a few minutes and before the mask starts to dry, use your fingers and in circular motions gently massage the mask into the skin to exfoliate any dry or dead skin and to further activate the pineapple’s enzymes.
Leave the mask on for approximately 10 minutes. To remove, use a warm, damp towel and gently wipe using circular motions. The circular motions help to improve circulation to the cells in your face.
The pineapple face mask is safe to repeat two to three times a week. With regular and continued use, you will begin to notice your skin has a smoother texture and a lasting glow.
THE PINEAPPLE ENZYME FACE MASK – BENEFITS DECONSTRUCTED
- Contributes to skin renewal
- Decongests clogged pores
- Packed with Vitamin C and Collagen that brightens hyper-pigmentation
- Rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids which exfoliate dead skin cells
- Loaded with the enzyme Bromelain that softens the skin and reduces inflammation
- Naturally moisturising
- Loaded with antibacterial properties (great for acne prone skin)
- Packed with antioxidants which slow down aging
- Opens up pores making them easier to unclog
- Exfoliates gently to remove dead skin cells
- Loaded with Vitamin B and E that protect and support skin functions