Please note that our Sites are under constant development. New services are added frequently and this agreement may, therefore, be modified and updated on an ongoing basis. Please check back to this page regularly.
Pleases read this policy carefully, when you access and use the Site or Services, you are expressly consenting that you are of legal age in your jurisdiction of residence to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by this privacy agreement and any future amendments or additions to this agreement.
To be clear about the terminology we are using, when we use the phrase “personal information” in this policy, we mean information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as a person’s full name, address, e-mail address, date of birth or phone number.
When we use the phrase “anonymous” information/form in this policy, we mean information that does not specifically identify an individual person, such as a user’s areas of interest, browsing history, demographic information or a unique identifier (such as a cookie or IP address).
By visiting the Website or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this policy. Each time you visit the Website or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this policy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide. For example, your name, contact information, and other personal information may be collected when you: sign up for our newsletters, subscribe for an account on our site, complete a survey, or participate in our social networking features. The information you may be asked to provide may include your email address, your name, buying preferences, annual income, other demographic or profile information, Twitter, Facebook and other social media network usernames and aliases and other information you choose to submit.
Additionally, if you elect to post material to any blogs, forums, or participate in our community boards that may be offered on our Website or social channels, then such materials will be collected and any materials you choose to make publicly available, including your personal information, may be available for all others to view. Even after you terminate your account, all such materials submitted by you on the Website or our social media channels may be retained by us and we may continue to disclose such materials publicly. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosure you make are at your own risk.
If you purchase products or services through our Website storefront(s), The Gaggler and third-party merchants, as well as third-party credit card processors may access and collect your personal information, including, but not limited to, your full name, address, email address, phone numbers(s), and credit card details.
Location Information and IP Address.
We and our service providers and advertisers may collect and share your location for personalization and marketing purposes using certain digital applications, wireless access protocol services (“WAP Services”) or mobile phone services. We, or the service provider, will obtain your prior consent to such collection to the extent required by applicable law. An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Website or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements. For more information, please see the “Cookies and Targeted Advertising” section below.
We and our service providers and advertisers may collect and share your location for personalization and marketing purposes using certain digital applications, wireless access protocol services (“WAP Services”) or mobile phone services. We, or the service provider, will obtain your prior consent to such collection to the extent required by applicable law. An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Website or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements. This information includes your IP address, unique device identifier, and cookie information. This information is used to fight spam/malware and facilitate the collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., which links you have clicked upon).
Statistical information derived from Personal Information may be collected and stored in an aggregate form that cannot be tied back to you, your Account, or your web browser (“Aggregate Statistical Information”). However, we do collect statistical information that may be tied to your unique mobile device identifier, IP address, and geolocation information and thus may be tied back to you or your web browser (“Personally Identifiable Statistical Information”).
This type of data enables us and third parties authorized by us, to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
General Usage Information.
Cookies and Targeted Advertising
Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions usually within the help menu. In order to use certain features of the Website, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Website may not work properly, and you may not be able to access the Website.
We believe that advertising is more interesting to you when it is relevant. Accordingly, we customize the advertisements that you see based upon: (i) geographic location information, which we may determine through your IP address or other ways; (ii) data we receive from third parties and/or; (iii) your visits on the Website or use of other services (commonly referred to as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). We may use your personal information to deliver customized advertising to you on this Website, on other websites and on other digital and offline media channels. We may use third-party vendors to connect information collected on the Website (such as IP addresses, geolocation, cookie-related data, and other information described above) with information collected from other websites, devices and media channels and then show you advertising based on this combined information. The advertisement may appear when you are visiting a different section of the Website or another website, device or media channel.
We may use Facebook to deliver ads on the Website. Facebook may use information you share on Facebook and information gathered from your use of other websites and apps to delivery ads to you.
Information We Receive From Third Parties.
We may combine online and/or offline information received from third parties with the information we have already collected from you via our Website or services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including to verify other information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services), to conduct research, and to enhance the content and advertising we provide to you.
With Your Consent
Pursuant to Law, Rule or Regulation.
Corporate Transactions or Events.
We may disclose your Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, the sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
To Fulfill Your Requests.
Use of Information
First and foremost, any information we share will be anonymous. We will never share your name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information acquired through our Services or through third-party services.
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Information with others except in the following circumstances:
We use your personal information:
- to send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; for example, if you enter contests or sweepstakes, we may use your email to notify that you won or if you purchase products through our Website storefront, to process payment (including credit card information) and shipping details;
- to notify you, at our discretion, about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to analyze, benchmark and conduct research of user data and user interaction with the Website and to gain insights that help us to make improvements to the design and performance of the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
We may disclose and release your personal information (including without limitation content or other data posted, uploaded or provided by you) to third parties:
- to enable third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf or to help us to operate our business and the Website. Such service providers may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, research, data analytics, ad serving, email services, payment processing, customer service, and/or marketing assistance.
- to comply with valid requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- with your consent or in accordance with your indicated preferences (e.g., you indicated to receive materials directly from a third party partner);
- to respond to your requests for customer service; and
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Website to which this policy applies, in which case the acquiring company will possess the information collected by us.
We may also disclose your information to our subsidiary, affiliate or parent company.
Use of Information in the EU
To meet and fulfill our legitimate business interests, including:
- To contact you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services
- To market and promote the Services, including opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you
- To notify you, at our discretion, about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; for example, if you enter contests, we may use your email to notify that you won
- To respond to your questions, comments, complaints, requests and other communications
- To track your return visits and use of the Services and to save your User Account, registration and profile data or other Information in order to tailor your experience with the Services, customize what you see when you use the Services, and save your credentials so you do not to have to re-enter such data each time you use the Services
- To enable third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf or to help us to operate our business and the Website. Such service providers may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, research, data analytics, ad serving, email services, payment processing, customer service, and/or marketing assistance
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, modifying and improving the Services’ and Sites’ functionality and performance
- To grow our business
- To get to know our potential and existing users, clients and customers
- To develop new products and/or services, or personalize
- To accumulate and report aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity, or to provide reporting for internal and external clients, business partners, agents, Artists and their managers, etc
- To determine which features and functionality of the Services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve the Services
With your consent, including:
- To display advertising and marketing information based on your use of the Services and other websites, services and platforms you have used or visited
- To provide information and marketing materials about our other products and services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses
- To provide personalized services offered by us on third-party websites and online services
- You can withdraw your consent at any time
To comply with our regulatory or legal obligations, to enforce our legal rights or comply with legal processes, including:
- To detect and prevent fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights
- To meet reporting requirements (e.g. filing tax forms)
- To retain documents and information related to a legal action
- To report data breaches or unauthorized access to the Service
Social Networks and Social Media Integration
You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you through our Website. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features on their platforms.
Rights and Choices Regarding Information
Right to request a correction.
Right to withdraw consent.
Right to Opt Out.
At times, you may be presented with the option to “opt-in” to receiving certain push notifications, marketing and promotional communications or other information from us and others that we think will be of interest to you.
Recipients of such communications can unsubscribe or “opt-out” by following the specific instructions included in such communications.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter or survey program at any time. To unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can click on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of our newsletter emails and follow the instructions.
Opting Out of Use of Certain Information That May be Collected by Tracking Technologies.
When you visit our Sites, use our Services, or visit a third-party website for which we provide online services, we and our business partners and vendors may use Tracking Technologies to recognize you as a repeat visitor and to customize your online experiences, the Services you use, and other online content and advertising, measure the effectiveness of promotions and perform analytics, and to mitigate risk, prevent potential fraud, and promote trust and safety across the Sites and the Services. Certain aspects and features of our Services and Sites are only available through the use of Tracking Technologies, so if you choose to disable or decline Tracking Technologies, your use of the Sites and Services may be limited or not possible.
If you are an EU citizen or reside in the EU, you may have certain additional rights with respect to the Personal Information you provided to us. To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, you may:
- Access, modify or erase your Personal Information
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information if the legal ground we are relying on is our legitimate interest or in the public interest
- Request that your Personal Information be erased if it is no longer necessary to be retained for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn consent to, or object to, the processing of such Personal Information and we meet no other legitimate basis for such processing or it has been unlawfully processed
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information if you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of our processing, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it
- Under certain circumstances, have your Personal Information transferred to another company
- Withdraw any consents that you have previously provided to allow us to process your Personal Information
- Stop receiving our marketing communications. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at [email protected]
Links to Other Sites
Security and Retention
Personal Information Processed
We do not offer the Website to anyone under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on or through the Website, register on the Website, or use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may delete and remove such child’s information from our systems. In addition, in the event that a minor under the age of 18 uses the Website, the minor may request that The Gaggler remove content or information posted by the minor on the Website by sending an email to [email protected]. However, such removal may not remove all traces of such posting everywhere online, since content or information may have been shared by others. The Gaggler may not have to comply with this removal requirement if: (i) law requires that we maintain the content or information; (ii) the content was stored or posted (or reposted) by a third party other than the minor contacting The Gaggler; (iii) we anonymize the content or information so that the minor cannot be identified; (iv) the minor received compensation or other consideration for providing the content; or (v) the minor does not follow the instructions in this section.
Choices You Have Regarding Your Information
All the actions you make and information you post on The Gaggler remain your responsibility. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless, from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
- any negligent acts, omissions or wilful misconduct by you;
- your access to and use of the Website;
- the uploading or submission of Content to the Website by you;
- any breach of these Terms by you; and/or
- your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party.
We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will cooperate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.